Friday, July 20, 2012

No! No! Broken Toe!!!

I am totally bummed!!  A few days ago I was walking in my kitchen to my sink and I got too close to a bar stool and smacked my pinky toe right up against it!  Ouch....to say the least!!  It was instantly turning blue and getting swollen.  I iced it right away.  I decided that it felt ok while I was walking around on it so I decided to get my awesome Brooks Glycerin 10's on and go for a run......

Once I got out on the road I could tell my other toes were compensating for the pain and my feet were cramping up.  What started out as a 4 miler ended up a 2.7 miler as fast as my broken toe would allow.  I finished in about 28 minutes.  But I was glad to give my toe a rest since I was meeting up with some awesome friends to go on a run with them about 30 minutes later.

I tried taping my toe but I think I did it wrong....the blood wasn't circulating very well.  So off came the tape and I put my socks and shoes back on and went for a leisurely jog with them.  It was so fun to talk about motivating eachother with our goals.  These are my friends that I am going on the cruise with in February!  We can't wait!

Anyway, I watched some tutorials on youtube for how to tape a broken pinky toe.  I think I got it right.  It doesn't hurt and I'm hoping it gets better soon.  I decided to wait until Monday to try running on it again but I seriously can't imagine waiting another day.  I may try it tomorrow since in my mind I am secretely hoping that my toe isn't broken....just sprained or really bruised....that way it will heal faster and I can run again!  (Hey, a girl can dream, right??!)  I've also been rubbing this awesome doTerra oil that my friend gave me a sample of.  It's supposed to aide in healing broken bones and sprains.....So here's to the oil!!!  I hope it's working! 

Happy Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment